Fellows participate in a rich and varied conference schedule. At the start of the first year, the first year fellow joins other fellows from throughout the Northeast at the Regional First Year Rheumatology Fellows Conference held on the University of Pennsylvania campus in July. This three-day program introduces fellows to critical topics in rheumatology and provides practical instruction in examination and injection techniques. In addition, it introduces fellows to their regional colleagues entering the field, as well as a broad array of faculty from area rheumatology divisions.
- Research conference provides a forum for all faculty and fellows to vet new projects and review ongoing protocols within the Division of Rheumatology, as well as invited guests from other divisions and departments.
- Basic Science conference covers topics in immunology and other fields with relevance to pathophysiology and treatment of rheumatic diseases.
- Journal Club features a systematic review of the latest contributions to the scientific and clinical rheumatology literature.
- Case Management conference offers a weekly discussion of cases seen in the inpatient and outpatient setting, from typical rheumatology to the most challenging.
- The Core Curriculum Didactics series covers the broad range of subjectsfrom disease-specific reviews to current issues in health care delivery.
- The Fellows-Only Meeting is bi-monthly among the fellows, program director,associate program director, and program coordinator for review of policies and procedures, scheduling, career counseling, and problem solving.
8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
|Core Curriculum Didactics
|Fellows-Only Meeting with Program Director